Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Statement of Intent

 My brief is to create a homepage and one linked webpage for a hobby website for teens (14-18 year olds). My website is called "Home of Hobbies".

The aim of my website essentially is to inspire teenagers to find hobbies that they can fall in love with to take some of the stress away from their day-to-day lives. My website includes six articles with original pictures, and one working link which will take you to my main article "Ready...set...paint" where I show how easy it is to paint and de-stress. 

My website as a whole aims to communicate ideas of comfort and relaxation, as that is what teens would hopefully take away from my article. I use a simple colour range of mostly blue and white; these two colours create a soft vibe which will make my website more appealing. The overall layout is also quite simple but aesthetically-pleasing; this creates a homely, welcoming vibe. I use the font "Coquette" to create an informal tone, which is more comforting to teenagers. 

The majority of the images used for the articles and the main image on the website were taken at home. This links in with the idea that these hobbies are simple and can be done at home, which something I aim to express to the teens who view my website. 

I aim for my website to appeal to all teens. While my website has colour codes of blue which is typically a more masculine colour, the overall presentation of my website counters this stereotype, meaning that it appeals to all teens, not one particular group of them. Furthermore, I don't mention gender in any of the standfirsts for my articles or in my main article. This makes my website even more of an anti-stereotype and demonstrates that my website is inclusive to all teens. 

I aim to appeal to my target audience through my use of images as I use soft lighting and hues of yellow in my pictures. This lighting enables me to reach a target audience of teens who want to escape the large stresses we experience daily. These images are warm and comforting, which help to set the overall tone of my website. Also, none of my images include a particular gender (apart from my dance article, which show a group of ballerinas I saw at a dance company). This makes my website even more inclusive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

02 NEWS: Representation

 1) Women are under-represented, which reflects a patriarchal social/cultural context. All three front pages depict women either in relation...